Kat Reading

Kat Reading

Monday, November 10, 2008

OH THE HUMANITY!

Today was day seven after surgery so it was time to remove the steri-strips and give Miss Kat a bath. We wanted to get that old crusty blood off and wash her hair. They were starting to peel off so we wet them and tried to ease them off. It didn't work. We decided to just pull the tape off like a band-aid.....BIG mistake! It hurt Miss Kat a little and it started to bleed! I started to get faint and I really freaked out. I called the ENT and he obviously thought I was an idiot. He said if it was gushing blood or kept bleeding for an hour we should come in. I said "An hour?!?!" He also scolded us and said we should have left the tape until it peeled itself off. Oops! The paper said to leave it on for seven days. I feel awful for Miss Kat, and now I'm terribly worried that something bad is going to happen to the incision (I'm paranoid because my c-section incision reopened after Miss Kat was delivered. It was one of the most horrible experiences in my life. I still get shaky when I think about it too much.)
I also got my first good look at the actual incision. I was still freaked out by the earlier incident and I got really freaked out. It looks like the surgeon cut her ear off! I guess, logically, I know he didn't, but it was still so icky. I'm trying hard to regain my composure, but it has been hard.

3 comments:

Cloggy said...

Sorry, just had to laugh..!

Been there, done that... no T-shirt available...

3 more weeks...???

Lissa said...

Hello

I wish you, your family and Miss Kat the best luck for the future, you have a beautiful daughter and Miss Kat is lucky to have determined stubborn parents who are prepared to fight and make sure she gets what she needs.
Good luck for Miss Kat's activation!

Deafteen90(from alldeaf.com)

Lissa said...

Is Miss Kat getting 2 cochlear implants?