Kat Reading

Kat Reading

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The next day

Miss Kat is doing well. Daddy took off her bandage. He said I should be happy that I wasn't there for it, he got a little sick!

The incision looks great (to me). There is no swelling, no redness, no bleeding, no oozing. It is a little bigger than average, and the surgeon shaved more hair than was really necessary. I think it looks great. I also can't even see where the implant itself is! He must have set it into the skull really well.

Miss Kat is up and playing. She is still taking her pain meds regularly, but she is happy!

3 comments:

Cloggy said...

Great to hear all went well. And isn't it amazing how fast these kids bounce back again... Wonderful.
Now the long wait for the activation..... With her skills that will be a wonderful day.
Make sure you make lots of video's to record the process. It is great to look back now and then and be stunned.
Take care.! and hug from Lotte to Kat..

Tara said...

Wow, this is so exciting. I've been following your story on the CI Circle (my blog is "Tyler can hear you" and I'm glad to see all is going well. I can't wait to hear how she responds when she is activated the first time. Congratulations!

leah said...

Glad to hear she's recovering well! We know a little guy who has an AB implant and his parents really liked the fact that it had the lowest profile under the skin. Plus, his CI looks really cool (g).