Kat Reading

Kat Reading

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The BIG meeting

For almost two months now we have been counting down to today. This is the day when we all decide what happens for Miss Kat next year. We will discuss her progress and our options. Perhaps she can stay another year at her school, which would work out beautifully, because I would have time to finish my Master's as well. But it is possible that there will not be enough students for her to have a grouping. In that case, there would be HUGE decisions to be made. Do we have her stay here and attend Special School District's middle school program? Do we send her to a small, private school for a year? Do we move somewhere completely new for services, and if we do, how do I finish my program? So many big questions. There are a lot of decisions to be made, and this is unfamiliar territory. It has been four years since we had to worry and stress and cry over what services Miss Kat needs. I've gotten soft! And oh how thankful I am that we have been in a place that allowed that to happen!!!

No comments: