Kat Reading

Kat Reading

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Coping with our "new life"

So, since I graduated from grad school a few months ago, there have been some big changes in our lives. I got a job teaching in an OPTION school. I have the youngest class and I absolutely love it!

We also moved three hours away from everything we have known over the last five years. We had originally hoped to stay in St. Louis, but it was not meant to be. Our next thought was that we should head west, maybe even back to Utah. We prayed a lot about what was right for my career, but more importantly, what was right for Miss Kat. We received confirmation that I should accept this job, but that we were supposed to buy a house in a different area. It is only about 20 minutes away, but the school is very small (less than 30 kids per grade) and K-8. This was risky, as they do not have a lot of experience with students with hearing loss, and obviously being in the city where I work would be more "logical" and closer to services. But we knew that this place was home.

So, we bought an amazing little house, got a puppy, and Miss Kat started her 7th grade year!

No comments: